Assessment and decision-making tool for Local Government Units (LGUs) to validate, assess and regulate planned land-based investments and to identify and avoid possible adverse socioeconomic or environmental impacts of investment projects.
- Set of generic criteria for the assessment and scoring of a particular proposal
- Instruction on how criteria can be adapted to particular context
- Guide questions and recommendations for the assessment along selected criteria
- is developed through a participatory processes at various levels
- can be adapted for application by related government agencies for large-scale investments
- conforms to international standards and voluntary guidelines on responsible land based investments and governance of natural resources