Approaches and tools for the resolution of IP disputes on territoriality and leadership affected by political divides through the recurrence to their traditional governance systems.
- Recognition of the co-existence of more than one body of laws or legal orders within a society
- Promotion of consensus-building and overcoming current political divides by recognizing traditional governance structures and processes
A combination of mainstream and traditional approaches and tools to understand tenurial instruments in their own historical contexts such as:
- narratives by elders and other holders of evidences or markers for the traditional territories
- community mapping to show how the Indigenous Peoples (IPs) understand their spaces and domain
- recognition of traditional agreements on boundaries